Virgin America Reviews
“A Breath of Fresh Airline” is the airline’s company slogan. Virgin America looks fresh since it started in the 21st century and for a new airline, this kind of service really makes them considered as a veteran in the industry Let’s look into the details
History of Virgin America
Virgin America was founded in 2004 by the Virgin Group who started Virgin Atlantic Airways. However Virgin America started operating in 2005 and was initially known as Virgin USA. However due to the problem of the domestic airline’s name in finding U.S. investors, the name was changed to Virgin America.
As of now, the current president and CEO of the domestic American airlines is Mr. C. David Cush who is a 55 year old American businessman which was the successor of Mr. Reid’s retirement. Did you know that Mr. Cush was with American Airlines as their Vice President for St. Louis Hub?
Virgin America FACTS
The American airlines’ operating bases are at Los Angeles and San Francisco International Airport. The total fleet size of Virgin America is 55 consisting of 10 Airbus A319 and 45 Airbus A320 and for expansion they are ordering 2 more Airbus A320 to serve 23 destinations across the country. The airlines is not a member of the three major airline alliances.
Virgin America might not be as high-end as other airlines, however with their level of competence they have they were able to receive bundle of awards in 2008 onwards. Here are the most recent ones, “Ranked No.1 performing US Airlines” from 2013 up to the present by Airline Quality Report; “Best Domestic Airline” from 2008 to 2014 by Reader’s Choice Awards of Conde Nast Traveler and Travel + Leisure’s Awards.
Virgin America serves their customers with three kinds of cabin classes: Main Cabin, Main Cabin Select and First Class. Each class is entitled to different kinds of exclusive services while staying connected with their inflight WiFi powered by GoGo.
Main Cabin customers get to sit on sleek black leather comfortable seats with audio and video on demand using an entertainment system they call as Red. Red, is equipped with the latest TV shows, movies, music and games ready for travellers to enjoy on board. Complimentary meals and beverages are served in this class.
Main Cabin Select customers sit with more legroom and has the option to select from list of palatable Western cuisines or famous American dishes and beverages. Inflight entertainment Red is also available where headsets are provided and ready to use in each seat for this class.
First Class customers sit with maximum legroom and are served with premium snacks and three-course meals by gourmet of Western cuisines or famous American dishes with wines and juices of choice. This class gets the priority boarding and security checks too.
Creative Characters of the Official Website
The official website utilizes a contrast of purple to red. The center of the website shows travellers. A large font sentence asking “Where would you like to go?” to attract travellers to search for airfares. Travellers can also book for flights, check-in online, manage booking and check flight status/alerts with Virgin America.
The header of the website gives options to learn more about the airline’s services such as cabin classes, baggage allowance, amenities, upgrades ,reservations, and Elevate program information.
What’s cool about the airline’s official website is their Where We Fly section, where travellers can to see a list of the states in America but in a more fun icon.
Virgin America Reviews of Travellers
I took time to read Virgin Atlantic reviews and notice that customers are giving them mixed feedback. Let me show you two of the most recent positive and negative reviews.
- “Unfortunately we were seated at the back of the plane where the flight attendants spent the majority of the flight talking so loud, nonstop, we couldn’t sleep. We had two small children with us so my husband asked them to please keep their voices down so that at least our children could try to get some much needed sleep. One flight attendant acknowledged him, and obviously felt bad, while the others decided that they should talk and laugh louder than before. The worst, most unprofessional crew I’ve experienced.” she gave the airline a 3/10 rating on 4th of October 2015.
- “After so many horrible flights on American Airlines, I really wasn’t expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised how nice this Virgin America flight was. I am not a fan of the Australian Virgin offering, but this was a flight with friendly and warm crew, excellent entertainment, a new and clean aircraft, and a comfortable seat. I don’t think I will waste my time and money with AA anymore after some of the rudest airline service I have ever encountered. This was a very comfortable and modern flight.” he gave the airline a 8/10 rating on 12th of October 2015.
- Website URL: www.virginamerica.com
- Contact number: +1 650 762 7000
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax Number: +1 650 548 2506
- Head Office Address: 555 Airport Boulevard, Burlingame, California, 94010, USA
My Final Statement
Gathering all my thoughts with the help of other Virgin America reviews. The airlines is really fresh or new to the aviation industry. I’ve seen flaws and mistakes but this didn’t stop them from providing customers proper accommodation. It’s a major feat for a fresh airline to have already reached the 26th spot from the World’s Top 100 Airlines by SkyTrax. Wow! What can you say about this? Feel free to leave a comment below!