Hertz traces its roots back in 1918 when Walter Jacobs began The Hertz Corporation, his ambitious attitude led Hertz as the pioneer auto renting owned as young as 22 year old. However, he sold the company to John D. Hertz in 1923. Together they were able to turn the “Rent-a-Ford” startup into a world renowned car rental nowadays. It is just in 2 years that Hertz was generating annual revenue about $1 million.
In 2014, John Hertz appoints John Tague as president and CEO of Hertz. He was a valuable asset of the company prior to his promotion. Tague is a travel and transportation industry veteran which Hertz have seen potential in creating corporate transformation to the company. He said “I am honored to have been selected to lead Hertz to its full potential at a time of unprecedented opportunity for the Company and industry. I look forward to partnering with Hertz employees as we work to earn sustained industry leadership for the benefit of our shareholders, customers and team.”
Hertz Car Rental Services
I expected a lot with the interface of Hertz. Given its brief history and sales, they should have paid more attention on the design of their page. As the adage says “First impression lasts”. Well, like other car rental company, Hertz provides consumers the option to book car rental online by selecting their pickup location, age, date and time. The site also has the option to view, modify or cancel a booked reservation.
Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, is the rewarding program of Hertz. Consumers gets to earn points which can be used as discounts for future reservations. Joining the program is free, to see more about this program, click here.
Hertz Reviews of Consumers
However, Hertz reviews are not as enticing as the services and page. Based on ConsumerAffairs and Trustpilot the car rental company gathered an overall score of ⅕ star rating out of thousand Hertz reviews. Yelp shows a different result for ⅗. Well, in this review i’ll be enumerating one review each per site.
- ConsumerAffairs: “We drove 56 miles, put 3 gallons of gas in before returning the car to the airport. The following day we got a $15.87 charge on our credit card. We called Hertz, we were told it was a gas charge. SCAM. Stay away from Hertz scam.”
- Trustpilot: “Over an hour late, this was no good for me so had to cancel, still have to pay £30 cancel fee, funny if i was late collecting or returning they charge me, don’t bother go to anyone else”
- Yelp: “Great service, fast , friendly employees, everyone looks very profesional and neat with their uniforms and cars were in perfect conditions, super clean!!!”
- Website URL: www.hertz.com
- Contact number: (201) 307-2000
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax Number: (201) 307-2876
- Head Office Address: 225 Brae Boulevard Park Ridge, NJ 07656 United States
It is quite obvious where did the name of the company originated but for me the meaning behind the company name is like a stylized wait to pronounce “hearts”. This company has a heart to provide consumers their travelling needs. However, lately it seems like they are valuing quantity over quality. Maybe if they’ll just take a look closer to their customer’s concern, then things might be best, since they are better.